Sunshine. History. Fun. And, most of all, beaches. Galveston Island has it all.
Galveston is a vacationer’s paradise. It’s a place that is at once private and relaxed. It’s also a place where your level of activity can range from always on to always off. Indeed, the term "laid back” must have been created with Galveston in mind.
Galveston activities has it all:
- 32 miles of beautiful beaches.
- Theme parks such as Moody Gardens, the Historic Pleasure Pier, and Schlitterbahn Water Park.
- Tours of historic neighborhoods and architecture that dates back nearly two hundred years.
- Dining and nightly entertainment for all ages. Shopping, galleries, and crafts of all fashion.
- Seasonal attractions such as Dickens on the Strand, Festival of Lights, Beach Revue, Mardi Gras, Artober Fest, and the Lone Star Rally.
- Golfing, biking, jogging, surfing, kayaking, and other sporting activities about the Island.
- Bird-watching and nature tours, ghost tours, harbor tours, duck-boat tours, and dolphin tours.
- All sorts of fishing – from off-the-pier to deep sea charter.
- Many, many other attractions.
Just a short drive from Houston and Hobby Airport, once you’re on the Island, getting around is never an issue – it usually takes less than 15 minutes to drive anywhere and the Historic Strand area is easily walked.
Charming Galveston Island is the shining gem of the Gulf Coast region, and a treasure trove of entertainment for visitors from every corner of the globe.